Colin has joined Coopman Search and Selection as a Recruitment Consultant. Get to know Colin in this spotlight interview covering his experience prior to joining Coopman, how he decided to take the brave step to change his career and more.
1. TELL US ABOUT YOUR CAREER PRIOR TO COOPMAN.
I come from a strong sales background over a 10-year period, with a history of business ownership, retail & commercial domestic design, account management and serviced office management.
2. WHY DID YOU CHOOSE TO CHANGE CAREER PATHS?
It was an opportunity I could not pass. Many believe that starting on a new career path isn’t possible and may think that recruitment doors can be hard to open, but Andrew and Mark could see my potential and that gave me confidence to pursue it.
3. WHY DID YOU WANT TO JOIN COOPMAN?
The company’s professional and empathetic approach to all clients and candidates is very clear. From the first instance I felt like I could be myself around Mark and Andrew.
4. HOW WILL YOUR PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE BE BENEFICIAL TO YOU IN YOUR ROLE AT COOPMAN?
I believe my experience in sales acumen will transfer to allow me to build strong relationships with those I work with, and my delivery of services will not be deterred from the standard I expect to bring into recruitment.
5. WHAT ADVICE WOULD YOU GIVE TO SOMEONE ABOUT BUILDING RELATIONSHIPS WITH NEW CUSTOMERS?
Be patient, diligent and understanding.
6. WHAT DO YOU LIKE TO DO IN YOUR SPARE TIME?
I am an avid golfer with a 2 handicap, I also like to cycle. My greatest achievement is cycling 236km in one day.
7. WHAT IS ONE THING ON YOUR BUCKET LIST?
I’d love to cycle Mount Teide in Tenerife. It has been a favourite place of mine for years and I have always thought about the challenge it would present. The ascent has over 3,800 metres of climbing