About The Role
The Senior Compliance Officer will work with the Compliance Team to help foster and maintain a sound compliance framework, by helping to manage compliance risk and add value through the provision of second line of defence compliance services and support.
- Assist in the promotion of an organisational customer centric compliance culture, committed to integrity, ethical conduct, and compliance with laws and regulation, by promoting positive examples of the standards required
- Take the lead within the Compliance Team on ensuring the financial crime framework, monitoring and reporting are appropriate and operating as designed and planned.
- Help to ensure that the Compliance Function remains on track with its Annual Compliance Plan activities, commitments and required reporting requirements;
- Assist the Head of Compliance with all applicable laws and regulations;
- Providing training to the business as and when required
- Provide compliance and data protection advice
- Update and maintain Compliance policies and procedures
- Support Compliance involvement into acquisition projects, Compliance projects and other initiatives
- Execute the agreed Compliance monitoring plan within the agreed time frames
- Assist in the management of stakeholder relationships
- 4 years working within a multi-jurisdictional Life Insurer or Re-insurer
- A developing level of regulatory compliance experience undertaking analysis of regulation and providing input and opinions to Compliance peers and managers
- A strong understanding of financial crime risk and monitoring in a cross border environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and oral
- Strong IT skills
- Ability to work under pressure and manage stakeholder requests with own workloads
- Strong report writing competencies with the ability to summarise effectively
- Self-starter, flexible with the ability to plan and work on own initiative
“Coopman Search & Selection is a purpose-led financial services recruitment company that combines lateral thinking with sector expertise across Financial Services operating in Dublin, London and New York. Coopman’s expertise spans across front office, compliance, risk, accounting and finance – delivering solutions on a retained, contingent and interim basis.
As a Certified B Corporation™, we take a different approach to how we do business. Recognised on an international scale as a company that operates for good, we value & incorporate the interests of all of our stakeholders to grow in the most sustainable manner. As a recognised Great Place to Work™, we ensure our workplace is one that fosters professional growth and collaboration.”