Coopman Search and Selection are delighted to partner with a top tier global muli-strat hedge fund with circa $15 billion AUM who are looking to hire a compliance officer. This is a newly created role with a firm who are going through an exciting period of growth. As the Compliance Officer, you will be expected to perform a broad generalised compliance role, with an emphasis on leading the registration process and performing surveillance tasks.
- Providing compliance advice to the business teams.
- Act as the primary relationship coverage for our French compliance consultant (AGAMA Services)
- Responsible for French/EU filings including (AIFM annual report, FRA/RAC Report, Annex IV and others)
- Surveillance monitoring for best execution, market abuse and market manipulation.
- Monitoring the Firm’s shareholder disclosures responsibilities.
- Help develop and maintain the compliance monitoring program.
- Supporting the investment team in relation to investment activity questions.
- Conduct thematic reviews, testing and employee training.
- Maintain, update, and implement compliance policies and procedures
- 5-8+ years compliance experience, ideally within a hedge fund or investment manager (prior regulatory experience desired)
- Understanding of cross border regulations across Europe
- Strong understanding of surveillance and knowledge of various asset classes including fixed income, equity, and derivatives
- An in-depth understanding of the hedge fund industry and strong general compliance experience
- A team player ethos as teamwork is a key element to the completion of this role
- Bi-lingual desired (English and French)
For a confidential discussion or for further information, please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org
As a Certified B Corporation™, we take a different approach to how we do business. Recognised on an international scale as a company that operates for good, we value & incorporate the interests of all of our stakeholders to grow in the most sustainable manner. As a recognised Great Place to Work™, we ensure our workplace is one that fosters professional growth and collaboration.