Coopman Search & Selection are delighted to partner with an International Insurance company based in Dublin who are looking to hire a Senior Financial Reporting Manager on a permanent basis.
• Work closely with multiple senior level stakeholders (across Finance, Actuarial, Tax and Risk teams), be challenged, and help continuously shape and evolve the direction of the financial reporting team.
•Play a key role in helping to refine and make continuous improvements in IFRS 17. In addition, this role will be a key part of our ESG agenda to ensure readiness for reporting under the Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive (CSRD).
Consolidated financial reporting requirements for Group and for the annual financial statements of two additional entities.
• Create a strong control environment within the financial reporting team and that key controls and reconciliation processes are kept up to date. You will also have oversight of the balance sheet controls across your assigned division.
• Offering technical accounting advisory to the finance teams, particularly where exceptional transactional work is concerned (e.g. acquisitions of new entities, restructuring, implementation of new IFRS, CSRD project).
• Propose, implement and own a variety of process improvements, including refinements to the new IFRS 17 processes.
• You will be responsible for the overall management, motivation, retention and development of the financial reporting team.
• Manage the relationship with the external auditor including the timetable and deliverable setting process.
• Work closely with multiple senior level stakeholders, and help continuously shape and evolve the direction of the financial reporting team.
What you’ll need to be successful in this role:
• Ideally 10 years plus post qualification (e.g. ACCA, ACA).
• Strong knowledge and experience of IFRS reporting, including IFRS 17.
• Experience with consolidation of several group entities with different underlying businesses.
• Highly motivated qualified accountant with a proven history of getting things done.
• Strong communication and influencing skills, with the ability to break down complex themes to senior stakeholders (including non-finance stakeholders) both internal and external.
• Strong people leadership and talent development experience.
• You’re someone that’s used to/ comfortable working in a fast-paced wide-ranging environment, working to deliver to strict deadlines and producing high quality work.
Coopman Search & Selection is a purpose-led financial services recruitment company that combines lateral thinking with sector expertise across Financial Services operating in Dublin, London and New York. Coopman’s expertise spans across front office, compliance, risk, accounting and finance – delivering solutions on a retained, contingent and interim basis.
As a Certified B Corporation™, we take a different approach to how we do business. Recognised on an international scale as a company that operates for good, we value & incorporate the interests of all of our stakeholders to grow in the most sustainable manner. As a recognised Great Place to Work™, we ensure our workplace is one that fosters professional growth and collaboration.