Coopman Search and Selection are delighted to be partnering with a leading International Life Insurance company who are seeking a Financial Reporting Manager to join their team.
Key Contribution Areas
- Manage the preparation of quarterly consolidated results and annual report for the Group both for the ultimate parent and sub-consolidations as required including:
- Lead in the drafting of reporting templates in line with relevant technical and business requirements
- Understand the individual business units and review their business returns, in particular ensuring that their group reporting information is in accordance with all requirements and quality standards
- the production of high quality Group-level analytical reviews explaining the results of business units in relation to economic drivers and activities in the underlying business;
- Review consolidation journals, eliminations and group intercompany reconciliations
- Review the preparation of IFRS financial statements including supporting statutory notes and disclosures
- Support in preparation of other regulatory reporting obligations
- Build and manage relationships with other Group functions (including actuarial, tax and all divisional finance reporting teams) that are integral to the financial reporting processes.
- Manage the external auditors in addressing technical accounting developments and to facilitate the smooth running and close-out of the audit process.
- Manage the co-ordination of embedding of IFRS in the financial reporting and systems of the subsidiary businesses.
- Support the design and maintenance of a Group compliance and internal controls framework encompassing the development and maintenance of the Group Accounting Manual, reporting templates and instructions for relevant subsidiaries businesses.
- Support in the improvement of the financial reporting process in particular to support growing statutory and regulatory disclosure requirements e.g., IFRS 17/9 and continuing pressure on reporting deadlines.
- Manage a team by providing guidance, support and leadership to all staff members in their operational tasks and in their general development
- Lead in the embedding of the risk culture and control framework across the Group including identification of risks and controls and remedial actions to address all points.
- Be flexible and provide support across Group Finance for all tasks including M&A and project work when required.
Personal Capabilities Required
- Highly motivated self-starter with entrepreneurial spirit and an ability to work under pressure, achieve targets and meet strict deadlines and to develop and manage projects.
- Ability to handle multiple workstreams or tasks at once, and to be able to visualise potential solutions in terms of ‘best practice’ – “what should the answer be”?
- Driving the correct behaviours and standards within the Consolidation team – not accepting sub-standard work, striving to improve performance, leading by example, and taking responsibility.
- Possess excellent communications along with exceptional interpersonal skills, with the ability to lead and motivate a team of qualified accountants.
- Be proactive, have an enthusiastic attitude to work and be committed to continuous process improvement.
- Highly flexible and the ability to work to tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment and to manage conflicting interests.
- Given the nature of this role and the evolving state of the newly established Group, this individual will need to be comfortable and thrive in an environment of change and, at times, uncertainty.
Functional or Technical Knowledge and Skills Required
- Qualified accountant ACA, CA or ACCA, with a significant number of years post qualification experience;
- Life Insurance experience;
- Detailed consolidation experience;
- Excellent inter-personal skills; in particular the ability to work with senior staff in business units and to influence them in terms of the delivery of group reporting matters.
- Previous experience working in a people management role is essential.
- Excellent IFRS knowledge (preferably including IFRS 17 experience), and US GAAP knowledge would be an advantage
- Big 4/Top 10 Accounting Practice background with both external audit experience and industry experience
- Excellent PC skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.) with a strong appreciation of financial systems (e.g. general ledger). Experience of financial systems such as SAP BPC, Workiva, and Tagetik would be an advantage.
Coopman Search & Selection is a purpose-led financial services recruitment company that combines lateral thinking with sector expertise across Financial Services operating in Dublin, London and New York. Coopman’s expertise spans across front office, compliance, risk, accounting and finance – delivering solutions on a retained, contingent and interim basis.
As a Certified B Corporation™, we take a different approach to how we do business. Recognised on an international scale as a company that operates for good, we value & incorporate the interests of all of our stakeholders to grow in the most sustainable manner. As a recognised Great Place to Work™, we ensure our workplace is one that fosters professional growth and collaboration.